Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Chance for choice at Christmas Swap

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

I have a few boxes of flies that don't have specific cross trades that work well. Most boxes are sorted and similar with a variety of different styles but I have a couple of more concentrated boxes that someone might want to jump in on. All of these are great ties I'd love to have the chance to fish.

The first box is concentrated on a form of wet fly that catches fish all over the world and particularly deadly on trout streams. It is North Country Spiders or soft hackle as we call them now. The flies are terrific and there is a nice bonus in the box itself besides Santa's surprise gifts.

Next is a similar box of great ties with the majority concentrated on beadheads and nymph patterns.

There is a box of primarily specific saltwater patterns beautifully tied in a great box.

There is a box of modern classics of articulated design flies so popular for the big predatory browns you see the pictures of with half a bird hanging from their jaw.

There is a box of steelhead/salmon streamers just waiting to be swung on the Truckee for winter steelhead.

Though many have said they have no particular choice for exchange this is a chance to step in on some more specific flies but I'll tell ya'all you can't go wrong picking blind out of this swap since the flies are quality right down the line.

#2 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

I do very little trout fishing these days so when I do I can tie my own.
75%of my fishing is for Bass,Bream,Crappie and fresh water Stripers. The other 25% is inshore Speckled Trout and Redfish.

Basically a warm water box.

Are we going to start seeing pictures anytime soon?
😉

#3 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

I am pretty flexible. I can go for anything from panfish, to bass and saltwater if it helps you.

Thanks Vic.
Bimini15

#4 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

I like soft hackles of any dimensions, will happily fish some North Country Spiders, et. al. :()

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#5 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

Don't do much trout or any saltwater fishing...mostly bass and panfish but I'm not picky.

#6 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

I could use the beadhead / nymph box. But anything trout/warnwater will be received with open arms. :)
"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous

"Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"                                                                            

#7 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Okay guys, I think I can sort it all out and there is not a box in here I can't see using no matter where you live. The bass boxes are extraordinary just as all the rest of the boxes.

#8 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:07 AM

Part of the fun of this swap for me is opening the box on Christmas and being surprised.  I be thrilled with what ever I get.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#9 Camo Clad Warrior

Camo Clad Warrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

I literally will take anything. I live in the northwest so I fish for steelhead, bass, panfish, trout in lakes and rivers, searun cuts and salmon is saltwater, and salmon in rivers.

I will take whatever you want Vic.

"Noone who does not know how to catch a fish should be able to disgrace it by catching it."

"Casting is an art that is performed on a 4 count rythm between 4 o'clock and 2 o'clock."