Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Brrrrr...! How low can you go?

95 replies to this topic

#1 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:45 AM

1002E4AB-2C1B-4000-9E69-98925CC49ADC.jpeg
Bimini15

#2 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

Hah, it's 40 here on Cape Cod this morning, supposed to have a blizzard today. Funny they have both rain showing and blizzard warning up but what ever. It's coastal New England most anything can happen here. Supposed to be -2 Sat morning. Was 4 with a high of 11 over the weekend. Made some good ice for the ice fishing crowd.

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,163 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

wow 38 degrees

you must have had to put on a long sleeve shirt

:)

my two favotite words: senior discount

#4 Lesg

Lesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

-26 C/-15F here this morning and predicted to get colder. I think the ice is safe now. Fish on!!!

Les

#5 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,058 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

32 here in Deltona, Bimini. 

I had to break 1/2" ice sheet off the bird baths this morning.  If it was just for the birds, I might not have gone out there since there's a pond across the street

But the bird baths are also the cats' water source (bird soup).

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#6 Swamp Fly

Swamp Fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

34 this morning in Ft Myers dropping to 25 later.....sitting at the gate waiting to hop a flight to VA!

#7 Wetsock

Wetsock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

14F this morning felt like a heat wave. Snowing now and then it is going to get cold -15 for the weekend

#8 bellevue.chartreuse.trout

bellevue.chartreuse.trout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

#9 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

We hit -19 on Tuesday night and -14 yesterday.  Heat wave this morning a -3.

Rick

#10 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,058 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Looks like the snow will stop in Richmond before I have to fly up there on Sunday.  I am complaining about the sub freezing temps here ... but it'll be a lot colder when I get there!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#11 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

38 would be a friggin heat wave lol ;) High today is gonna be 10f then down to -2f tonight. We actually are about to set a record here for most days in a row below 20f. Being a life long Michigan native cold is something I'm very use to but there's only one thing to say about this cold lately......

W1Ntki.jpg

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#12 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

For the last week Souris, PEI CA and Cheticamp, NS CA have been warmer than western CT by a few degrees very strange jet stream and a happy oil delivery company. Warmed up to 25 and snowing, nothing personal flytire or Dave G but I hope you keep the majority of the snow to the east.

#13 essequamvideri

essequamvideri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

Week ago today, had a call from my tenants that the john was not flushing.  When I got there it was -13 according to my Jeep.  Radio said it was -16.  Dug up the septic tank and found a large clog.  Covered everything up and it was still -13 according to my Jeep.  I've always said that I can dress to be comfortable when it's cold, however i can't legally undress enough when it's hot.

Michael

#14 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

Well, went out to fish this morning and my whole pond was frozen over. In SOUTH GEORGIA!!! This is insane.
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#15 ben bell

ben bell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

ice fishing is comming back to delaware..wheee!

Reply to this topic