Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Mouse/Rat Swap

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

I see some interest in doing a swap. I have been wanting to do this one for a while now. Any type of mouse or rat pattern. Foam or hair will work. The first 12 that want in. I may split it into 2 groups so you don't have as many to do. Due date 31 May,2018 

Swap is closed 

SW Easternfly - Deer Hair

1.  Fisherboy0301 - Master splinter    here

2.  dflanagan - Morrish mouse    here

3.  Bryon Anderson - Mousey McMouse Face    here

4.  add147 - Articulated    here

5.  vicente - TBD    here

6.  Wetsock - King Rat  here

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#2 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

Im in. I forget the name of the pattern Ill tie. Basically a Morrish mouse with foam and zonker strips instead of deer hair.
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#3 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

I'm in. Morrish mouse.
Tight lines,
David

#4 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

Yes! I'm in! Pattern TBD very shortly -- I have to find the pattern in my bookmarks. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#5 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

I'll do a Mousey McMouse Face. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#6 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

I'm in. Morrish mouse.

Im in. I forget the name of the pattern Ill tie. Basically a Morrish mouse with foam and zonker strips instead of deer hair.

Can you two make sure they are not carbon copies! 

Kevin

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

#7 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

I'd like to get in on this. I have an idea for an articulated mouse.

#8 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Can you two make sure they are not carbon copies! 

Kevin

Will do. Mine will be deer hair, foam, and a zonker tail.
Tight lines,
David

#9 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

I'm in, not sure which style I could use practice on a traditional one though.

#10 Wetsock

Wetsock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

I will jump in been wanting to try the King Rat from the spring 2018 fly tyer

#11 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

Mine will be foam and a shaved zonker tail, with a palmered zonker body.
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#12 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

These guys invaded my feather supplies a few years ago and all I can tell you is that working with packed hair and a razor is a mess.

DSC01150_zpstmhp6zce.jpg

DSC00873_zps7569fb66.jpg

#13 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

Nice work
cb27

#14 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

Those are some nice mice. :)

#15 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:11 PM

The hair gets all over. One day I will try some clippers.

Kevin