Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Flash N Slinky - Anyone tie with it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 missin44

missin44

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

I have a couple recipes that call for a product called Flash n Slinky, my local shops don't have it but I'm sure there a close alternatives. For those that have used it what are some close replacements?
Thanks

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

its available online at multiple shops

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

An ostrich’s eye is bigger than it’s brain. I happen to know some people that have the same thing.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. Somedays i feel the same way

A "grammatical pedantry syndrome" is a form of OCD in which suffers feel the need to correct every grammatical error that they see. Guess who?

#3 rstaight

rstaight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

I haven't tied with that product, never heard of it so I looked it up. It appears to be similar to Puglisi Fibers with a little bit of flash added such Orvis Angle Hair.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.  Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." - Patrick F. McManus

#4 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

It looks very similar to one of the fly tyers dungeon products.

#5 saltydancindave

saltydancindave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:02 AM

Great for saltwater ties as it's somewhat a mix of thin fibers & thin flash that layers well in a multitude of colors.