Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

10' 3wt Xi 4pc euro rod

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,880 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:44 PM

06J4Lm.jpg
 LOalUt.jpg
 IJ76T0.jpg
 zce8gi.jpg

First of many 10' 3wts I have to build over the next 2 weeks. This one has grey wraps that give it a nice classy look on the green blank. Burl rosewood seat and burl cork grip/butt as well.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2 Swampfoxforeman

Swampfoxforeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:54 PM

Looks great Steve

#3 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

Seems like you build more 10ft 3 or 4 wts than everything else combined.

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,880 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

They certainly are the latest trend lately that's for sure. Since I started business about 18 yrs ago I have built around 1400-1500 rods total, but in the past 2 years I'd say probably 200 of the last 300 have been these. Then again some of that is by choice. When I saw the Euro rod market exploding a couple years ago I actively sought out a new supplier where I could get the same blanks some of the other places selling completed rods for $300 were using. So bringing them in directly I was able to offer them at about half the cost other places were selling them for. So once word got out this portion of the business (euro rods) pretty much just sells itself now.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#5 Swampfoxforeman

Swampfoxforeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:31 PM

I cant wait to see the 3w you are building for me

#6 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,750 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

Nice grip on that one.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#7 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,880 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:31 PM

I cant wait to see the 3w you are building for me

Sent ya a PM a few hours ago. Had a question about the inscription so check your PM's and get back to me.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#8 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:44 AM

Nice rod Steve, somebody should be happy real soon !

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#9 Swampfoxforeman

Swampfoxforeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:00 AM

For some reason it isn’t showing me I have a PM not sure why. I have to go into messages to find out if I have one.

#10 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,880 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:28 AM

For some reason it isn’t showing me I have a PM not sure why. I have to go into messages to find out if I have one.

I think you might have somehow mis clicked the button because I see it says "no notifications" by your name in that PM. If you go to the PM we have between each other and look in the top left under your & my name where it says "participants" you'll see right under our names it says "toggle notifications". If you click that then the "no notifications" that is next to your name should disappear.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#11 Swampfoxforeman

Swampfoxforeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:13 AM

Thank you