|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
The Ska-opper - by Thomas Goodwin
Ray Bergman Collection - 201) Lady Gray
Stealthcraft Rafts - by Alex Cerveniak
Fur Trader- by Matt Grajewski
Horsing Around by Russ Forney
The Ray Bergman Collection - 25) Black Dose
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Bucktail / Dubbing / marabou / Marker / Pink / SDNS / Squirrel / white /
tied by horseshoe
Fly Type: Salmon Flies,
Target Species: Atlantic Salmon,
Recommended Region: Eastern Canada,
#6 Black Salmon hook
6/0 w Danville 70 Shrimp pink thread
Fine brass wire
2mm Metal chain link eyes
Black Perma Marker
Rabbit Dubbing Pink Shrimp
Marabou Shrimp pink
White natural squirrel tail
Tying Instructions: -Wrap thread down shaft to the point of hook.
-Blacken metal beads a little to dull shine.
-Tie in brass wire starting at 3mm before hook eye leaving enough room to tie hair etc, tie wire back to above point.
-place wire tail in holder or to the back of hook out of your way.
-Tie the eyes on securely with thread in a figure 8 fashion.
-Dub the body up to the eye fold or 3mm. Use plenty to get an ample body.
-Stack white buck tail and lay on top with tip hanging out from hook bend by about 1-1 1/2 gap.
-Tie buck tail before hook eye securely with thread. Do not spin.
- Put a bead of cement on thread over buck tail wrap.
- Wrap brass wire 2 times before bead eyes and firmly down on buck tail and then 2 times on buck tail after eyes securely.
- Wrap wire 4-5 times up body. Secure with thread and remove excess wire.
-Tie marabou below for beard.
- Tie squirrel tail over top at the length of hook. Tie firmly for a few wraps then add cement and continue to firmly wrap and whip finish.
- Add cement once again and also put a small bead on buck tail over eyes and try not to get in hair.
Presentation Tips: To be played close to the bottom. If water is fast then wrap weight on hook before tying or use lead core line to help lower line.
Other Flies Tied by horseshoe
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|2 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|