|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
Ghetto Tramp- by Brian Wise
Reader Reviews: HMH Standard Fly Tying Vise
Ray Bergman Collection - 159) Hemlock
The Foundations of Tying Spiders by Dave Wiltshire
My Precious Nymph - Lucian Vasies
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Badger / Brown / Crane Fly / Pheasant / Tipulidae /
tied by richyrichtherich
Fly Type: Dry,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: General Europe,
HOOK: Kamasan B175 Size 12
BODY: Dear Hair
LEGS: Pheasant Tail
WINGS: Cree Hackle Tips
HACKLE: Silver Badger
Tying Instructions: 1. Attach the thread and advance it to half way between the hook point and the hook eye.
2. The 'Dear Hair' will form the semi-extended body. Tie in a small clump of 'Dear Hair', wrapping the thread backward in an open spiral (like you would a wire rib).
When you reach the point above the hook barb, hold the tips of the 'Dear Hair' with your spare hand. Now wrap the remaining 'Dear Hair' with open spiral wraps.
Once the desired body length is achieved, wrap the thread forward using open spiral wraps until you have returned to the point where you started tying in the 'Dear Hair'.
3. Tie in six knotted 'Pheasant Tail' legs (three on each side).
4. Tie in the 'Silver Badger' hackle.
5. For the wings, tie in the 'Cree Hackle Tips' one at a time. Place them on top of the hook shank with the dull side facing down.
6. Wind the 'Silver Badger' hackle forward, two wraps behind the wings and three wraps in front of them.
7. Whip finish and apply head cement.
Other Flies Tied by richyrichtherich
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|3 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|