|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
CP's Biot Emerger by Carl Pennington
10 Rules for a Fly Tying Demo- by Vern-O
Saltwater Fly by Davie McPhail
Anatomy of a Tube Fly- HMH Vises
Rainbows and Browns on the Bighorn
The Ray Bergman Collection - 58) Caldwell
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Dubbing / olive / Pheasant /
tied by richyrichtherich
Fly Type: Nymphs,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: General Europe,
HOOK: Kamasan B100 - Size 12
BODY: Golden Pheasant Tail
WING CASE: Golden Pheasant Tail
THORAX: Glister Dubbing (Gold)
Tying Instructions: 1. Lay on a thread base stopping half way along the hook bend.
2. Tie in 6 'Golden Pheasant Tail' fibres by their tips and advance the thread to the thorax area. Wind them forwards, stopping about 5mm behind the hook eye. Tie them off and remove the waste.
3. For the Wing-Case, tie in another 6 'Golden Pheasant Tail' fibres by their tips.
4. Add a little 'Glister Dubbing' to the thread and dub the thorax.
5. Pull the Wing-Case over the thorax and secure with 2 thread wraps.
6. Whip finish and cut the thread.
7. Remove the waste Wing-Case material, by pulling the 'Golden Pheasant Tail' fibres sharply.
8. Apply Head Cement.
Other Flies Tied by richyrichtherich
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|4 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|