|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Calf / Flash / Grizzly / Krystal Flash / olive / Saddle / Seal / sili legs / Yellow /
Fish Foolin' Frog Popper
tied by smokinprice
Fly Type: Poppers/Sliders,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Hook and Body: Wapsi Perfect Popper Bodies size 8 with hook
Thread: Black 6/0
Hackle: Dyed Grizzly Olive Saddle Hackle
Legs: Sili Legs Yellow/Gold/Black
Tail: Yellow Calf with Olive Krystal Flash
Paint and Sealer: Most are Delta Ceramcoat products with the except being the Avocado. You will need Pre Sealer, Yellow, Black and Gloss Varnish from Delta Ceramcoat. The Avocado is from the Fly Shop.
Tying Instructions: 1. Place thread on the hook and then the body on the hook.
2. Seal the slot with the filler of your choice. Sand flush with body if needed.
3. I do four coats of Pre Sealer
4. Then paint the body, eyes etc.
5. Four coats of Gloss Varnish to finish the body off.
6. Tie thread on, then calf tail with flash behind the body working back towards the bend of the hook.
7. Tie in hackle at rear of hook and wind thread forward to mid way point.
8. Tie in legs on each side.
9. Advance thread forward to behind the popper body.
10. Wind the hackle forward and tie off behind the popper body and you are done.
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|7 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|