|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Bass / Black / Bucktail / crappie / panfish / peacock herl / Red / Saddle / Tinsel / Yellow /
tied by jhammer
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Panfish,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Hook: Size 8 4XL streamer hook
Thread: Black 6/0 Uni-Thread
Body: Small size silver mylar tinsel
Body coating: Sally Hansen clear nail polish
Tail: Yellow saddle hackle
Wing: Yellow and dark red bucktail
Overwing: Peacock Herl
Tying Instructions: 1. Start by securing your hook in your vice.
2. Secure your thread on your hook and wrap toward the bend of the hook. Trim off excess thread.
3. Grab a pinch of yellow saddle hackle and tie it in as your tail.
4. Tie in your silver mylar tinsel as well. Wrap tightly and neatly towards the eye of the hook.
5. Tie off your tinsel and coat it with 2 coats of clear nail polish for extra durability and shine. MAKE SURE IT IS COMPLETELY DRY BETWEEN COATS AND DRY BEFORE YOU CONTINUE.
6. Tie in a pinch of yellow bucktail.
7. Next, tie in a pinch of dark red bucktail.
8. Tie in 3 strands of peacock herl.
9. Trim off any excess material at the eye of the hook.
10. Build up a nice head, whip finish, and lacquer the head.
11. Trim the ends about 1/4 hook length past the hook.
Presentation Tips: Present it the same way you would present any bucktail streamer.
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|4 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|