|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
Saltwater Fly by Davie McPhail
Irish Crayfish- by Frank G. Swarner III
Ray Bergman Collection - 223) Major
Video: The Zaggin Zook by Curtis Fry
How to Tie Jerry French's Skinny Hoh Fly
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Bass / Black / crappie / Dubbing / Duck Quill / marabou / panfish / white /
tied by jhammer
Fly Type: Wet,
Target Species: Panfish,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Hook: Size 10 Wet fly hook
Thread: Black 6/0 Uni-Thread
Tail: White marabou
Body: White dubbing fur
Wing: White duck quill
Tying Instructions: This is a relatively simple fly to tie and it's deadly on hungry crappie.
1. Mount your hook in the vice and secure the thread.
2. Wrap towards the bend of the hook and trim of excess thread.
3. At the bend of the hook, tie in the white marabou for the tail. You'll only need a small amount. (As in 5-7 fibers)
4. Trim off excess marabou.
5. Wax your thread and wrap on your white dubbing. Wrap toward the eye of the hook forming a nice neat body.
6. Tie off your dubbing.
7. Tie in your two duck quills making them as neat and even as possible.
8. Form a nice head, whip finish, and lacquer.
Presentation Tips: Present this fly by casting to usual crappie/panfish hideouts. Usually a twitch-twitch-pause retrieve is what they like with this pattern.
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|8 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|