|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
The Ray Bergman Collection - 22) Big Meadow
Ray Bergman Collection - 217) Lord Baltimore
Quill Nymph- by Lucian Vasies
The Chubby Muffin by Nick Granato
Ray Bergman Collection - 201) Lady Gray
Sipping Dry trailer
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Antron / Brown / Caddis / Dubbing / emerger / Gold Wire / Red /
deer hair caddis emerger
tied by troutscout
Fly Type: Deer Hair,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Imitation: Caddis Flies,
• Size 10-16 dry fly hook
• Brown 6/0 monocord thread
• Cream antron yarn
• Fine gold wire
• Brown cock hackle
• Red-brown synthetic dubbing
• Deer body hair
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie on a snug thread base along shank
2. Tie in a tail of antron fibers equal to the shank length. Crush and twist the fibers to make a bushy trailing shuck that traps lots of air.
3. While your thread is aft, tie in the gold ribbing wire and the hackle
4. Now twist on some of the synthetic dubbing and build a tapered abdomen and thorax, stopping ¾ of the way down the shank.
5. Wrap the wire ribbing with neatly spaced segments.
6. Palmer the hackle forward. This can be done dry style for greater floatation or wet style for more life-like leg action depending on your preference.
7. Next, tie in a nice clump of the deer hair with the tips just extending past the hook bend.
8. Trim the head close to the eye, whip finish, and cement or lacquer depending on preference
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|10 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|