|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
McMurray Ant- by Charlie Dickson
Blue Winged Olive Quill Nymph - Tightlines Production
Silver Glödhäck- by Anton Pousar
Dr. Slick Razor and Twisted Loop scissors
Artist- Brad McMinn
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ biot / CDC / Dubbing / olive / Turkey /
CDC Wing Sparkle Dun
tied by KeatonsDad
Fly Type: Dry,
Target Species: Trout,
Hook: Daiichi 1100 #16-22
Thread: UTC 70 denier Olive
Tail: Amber Sparkle Emerger Yarn
Body: BWO Turkey Biot
Wing: Two Blue Dun CDC feathers
Thorax: BWO Fine and Dry Dubbing
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie in Sparkle Yarn, clip tail to hook shank lenghth.
2. Tie in Turkey Biot at tail with notch facing left
3. advance thread to 2/3 point. Then wrap Turkey biot.
4. Tie off biot and clip excess. Then taking two evenly matched CDC feathers, cup them together and stroke the fibers forward. Then tie in the wing with the tips of the CDC freathers out over the eye of the hook. Pull the tips back and wrap in front of them to make them stand up on top of the hook shank.
5. Do a few figure 8 wraps around the back of the CDC stems and in front of the tips.
6. Dub a small thorax both behind the CDC and in front.
7. Build an even thread head, and tie off.
8. Finally clip the two CDC feather but ends at an angle up towards the top of the wing.
Other Flies Tied by KeatonsDad
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|14 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|