|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Bucktail / Clouser / crystal flash / Dumbell / Dumbell Eyes / Flash / Minnow / popper hook / Red / varient / white /
tied by bluegill576
Fly Type: Bucktails/Deceivers,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Recommended Region: Southeast US,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Hook: mustad popper hook (make eyes protrude less from the hook.)
Thread: Ultra GSP thread 75 denier white and ultra thread 210 in red
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie in eyes in the divit of the popper hook. with white thread and then coat with super glue and let dry.
2. tie on red thread and leave at the back of the hook.
3. tie on white thread
4. select a bunch of a light color bucktail and pull out base fibers.
5 tie down in front of the eyes.
6. tie down in back with the red thread and then whip finish.
7. tie in the flash on the bottom of the hook. I like to have the flash a little longer than the bucktail.
8. tie in the second bunch of bucktail on the bottom of the hook that is darker or the same as the first color of bucktail being sure to pull out base fibers.
9. whip finish and apply super glue or head cement for durability.
Presentation Tips: depends on situation but most of the time I do slow long strips with a pause imbetween and can tie in smaller sizes for bluegill.
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|3 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|