|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Zsa Zsa Gabor
tied by Chefben4
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Redfish,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Gamakatsu SC15 Saltwater Hook Size 1
UMC 210 Pink
Medium Dazl Eye Black
Tying Instructions: Let me preface this by saying I have only been tying for 2 years. I need more help then I can help others but I figured I would start making a library!
1. Take 30lb mono form ~1/2 long loop. Attach to top of hook. Purpose of this is an antifoul for the zonker.
2. Cut ~4in piece of pink zonker stip, tie onto hook at the bend.
3. Tie in 4-6 pieces of krystal flash same length as zonker strip.
4. Take purple maribou feather and cut a nice piece off the top portion of the feather. Attempt to roll the maribou around the shank and tie into place. (as you can see in the picture my didnt roll around the shank. Win some you lose some!)
5. Attach ~5in piece of pink zonker strip just in front of maribou.
6. Move thread forward, tie in eyes (with figure 8s) at the hook eye. Cover with epoxy or similair if you wish.
7. Begin palmering rabbit zonker forward. After each wrap (before next) brush rabbit fur towards back of fly. Each subsequent wrap will hold previous fur in the rear facing position.
8. Tie off zonker directly behind eyes. Whip finish head cement and you are done.
Other Flies Tied by Chefben4