|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
baitfish / beadchain / dubbing loop / mylar / peacock / rabbit /
tied by richyrichtherich
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: General Europe,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Hook: Kamasan B830 (lure long) Size 10
Eyes: Gold Beadchain
Tail: Rabbit, Pearl Mylar Tinsel
Body: Peacock Herl, Pearl Mylar Tinsel
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie on the Beadcahin Eyes.
2. Cut a small clump of Natural Rabbit fur and remove the fine fluff. Tie this in for the Tail, followed by 4 strands of Pearl Mylar Tinsel (2 on each side of the Rabbit fur).
3. Make a dubbing loop about 7cm long, at the point above the hook barb. Tie in 5 Peacock Herls and 4 strands of Pearl Mylar Tinsel. Spin these two materials in the loop (I use my homemade 'HCT' [hair-clip twirler], see my post 'Paper Clip Bobbin Twirler - Mark II').
4. Wind the loop spun materials toward the hook eye, finishing behind the Beadchain Eyes, tie off and remove the waste.
5. Make another dubbing loop. Cut a second, larger clump of Rabbit fur, but this time do not remove the fine fluff. Place the Rabbit fur in the dubbing loop and spin. Wind the spun Rabbit forward, drawing the fur backwards as you go (the same as you would a 'doubled' wet-fly hackle). Make 2 turns behind the Eyes and 2 infront of them.
6. Tidy up, whip finish and apply head cement (I use 'Hard as Nails' nail-varnish from Sally Hansen, as it is extremely durable and has a great finish).
Other Flies Tied by richyrichtherich
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|4 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|