|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
beadchain / Dubbing / rabbit /
tied by richyrichtherich
Fly Type: Nymphs,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: General Europe,
Hook: Kamasan B175 Size 10
Eyes: Gold Beadchain
Rib: Gold Oval Tinsel
Underbody: Rabbit Dubbing
Hackle: Whiting Hebert-Minor(Badger Speckled)
Throat: Pheasant Tail
Head: Veniard Glister Dubbing (Red)
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie on the Beadchain Eyes and wrap the thread back, stopping slightly along the hook bend.
2. Take a small clump of Rabbit fur. Remove the fine fluff and tie in, binding down the waste on top of the hook, up to the Eyes. Then wrap the thread back to the hook bend with touching turns.
3. Tie in the Gold Oval Tinsel.
4. Take some more Rabbit fur and again, remove the fine fluff. Apply it to the thread as dubbing and wrap forward, stopping behind the Eyes.
5. Select a Cock Hackle with fibres 1.5 times the length of the hook gape and tie it in behind the Eyes. Make 2 or 3 turns of the Hackle, tie it off, then sharply pull the remaining Hackle to neatly remove the waste.
6. Place 10 Pheasant Tail fibres under the hook and behind the Eyes. Tie them in with 2 loose wraps, adjust the throat length to match the Hackle fibres, then secure with a few tight wraps. Remove the waste.
7. Apply some Glister Dubbing to the thread, make 2 turns behind the Eyes, then wrap over the Eyes using a 'figure of 8'. Finish the dubbing with 1 or 2 turns infront of the Eyes.
8. Whip finish and apply Head Cement ('Hard as Nails' nail varnish is my personal preference).
Other Flies Tied by richyrichtherich
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|3 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|