|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
tied by horseshoe
Fly Type: Wet,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Eastern Canada,
#6 Black Uni Thread
#2 Black Traditional salmon hook
Gold Metallic thread
Red silk stainless steel thread
Charcoal flat silk thread
Gold metallic braid
Gold silk cocoon casing
Bronze silksheen dubbing
Tying Instructions: - Tie in gold braid
- Tie in red silk ss thread and wrap about 2mm
- Tie in bronze flat silk thread and wrap about 1cm.
- Wrap red ss thread up and evenly over silk and wrap at end about 2mm.
- Tie down ss thread and snip off.
- Tie on wing( gold silk cocoon casing)
- Tie in 3 metalic threads ,evenly hanging over hook, and tie down between each strand in order to help separate the legs.
- Dub the bronze silksheen between legs and end just after legs creating thorax.
- Tie in 2 metalic threads, 1 on each side, creating antennae.
- Create head and whip finish.
- Cement the head and brush dubbing down with legs if need be.
Presentation Tips: This fly will be close to surface since the is no weight and the wing casing increase flotation. Add weight if wanting depth.
Other Flies Tied by horseshoe
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|1 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|