|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Chenille / Foam / purple / worm /
tied by Flyrod
Fly Type: Miscellaneous,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Recommended Region: Mexico,
- Hooks: No 3 Bass hook and No 12-14 nymph hook.
- Thread 3/0 color to match.
- Foam tail cut like a "drop", color to match chenille.
- 2 strands of pearl chenille, any color (black and purple have been hot for me).
- 5-10 inches of 20 lb mono. You can use spider wire for better worm action/less stiffness)
- Lead wire.
- Hourglass eyes to match fly size.
Tying Instructions: 1. Set the foam tail over the nymph hook, covering about half the shank. Take thread to front.
2. Set both pieces of chenille and mono on the small hook. Secure and whip finish.
3. Check the pics below and see how you have to furl (plait) your mono and chenille. Notice I used different colors of chenille to explain this better. Remove everything from vise.
4. Attach the large hook to your vise. secure the rest of the chenille and mono, and form the body. Add hourglass eyes, and whip finish.
5. Forgot to mention: It's always a good idea to tie bass flies using weedguards.
Presentation Tips: Just let it sink and then shake it baby!
Other Flies Tied by Flyrod
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|9 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|