|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Brown / crawdad / Grizzly / Moose / Partridge / Red / white / Yellow /
Duckydoty's crawdad Part 3
tied by duckydoty
Fly Type: Inverted Hook,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Recommended Region: Central US,
Mustad 37160 size 14
small barbell mono eyes
brown and yellow cross stitching thread
size .20 lead wire
black and white grizzly barred hackle
brown partridge feathers
Tying Instructions: Hackle is now wrapped on body
16. start tying the crocheted knots again over the top of the hackle. Every time you pull a knot tight use a bodkin or needle to free the pinned down hackle fibers that are behind the crocheted knot
17. Continue tying the crocheted knots all the way past the hackle fibers pulling the fibers free the whole way.
18. Once crocheting is past the hackle fibers continue on down to eye of hook. Tie yellow and brown off leaving enough room to tie on tail. Dont crowd the eye
19. Now rotate vise so what you have been tying is now upside down
20. Take 2 mediun to larg brown partridge feathers and tie in on top of crawdad overlapping the eye of the hook
21. Whip finish and touch knot with head cement.
22. trim excess hackle fibers on back of crawdad with scissors beeing very careful not to clip off claws.
Other Flies Tied by duckydoty
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|14 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|
Kayak leg cramps