|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
tied by TheBigHenderson
Fly Type: Nymphs,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US, Northwest US, Southeast US,
Imitation: Stone Flies,
Hook: sz 14 nymph
Bead: sz 14 Wapsi
Thread: Black 6/0
Body: 5-6 strands of Peacock herl
Tinsel: Flat tinsel
Tying Instructions: 1. Start with the hook with the bead on it, and tie in the thread.
2. Wrap the thread to just past the barb of the hook
3. Tie in a piece of tinsel long enough to reach the bead with some extra, and wrap down the excess to bulk up the body a bit.
4. Select 5-6 pieces of peacock herl, and tie those in on top of the tinsel.
5. Wrap the herl about 5-6 times around the shank until you reach the bead, and tie off the herl.
6. Finally, pull the tinsel over the top of the fly and tie it off just behind the bead. Whip finish, and you're done.
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|2 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|