|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
criket / grasshopper / green / hopper / rubber legs /
tied by dr_pepper_king
Fly Type: Poppers/Sliders,
(in order of use)
size 8 or size 10 hook
Black Rubber Legs
Tying Instructions: 1. Start by placing the hook in the vice.
2. Begin wrapping the white thread, start at the eye of the hook and go all the way down the shaft.
3. Cut out a green piece of foam that is a little longer the hook's shaft.
4. Tie the fly onto the hook, dividing it into two uneven parts.
5. Cut out a two black rubber leg that are the length of a hook and a half.
6. Tie the legs into where you made the split in the foam.
7. Pull back the foam and wrap the white thread half way up the shaft of the hook. When finished wrapping release the foam.
8.Wrap around the foam again dividing the foam into three parts.
9. Cut out to more legs that are about 3/4 the size of the hook.
10. Tie the legs on.
11. Wrap the white thread up to the eye of the hook.
12. Whip finish
13. cut thread.
Other Flies Tied by dr_pepper_king
|1 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|