|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
SkagitMaster #3- Steelhead Flies--Beyond the Books
TFO Custom Rod Shop
How UV and fluorescent materials work
Show us your bench #12- Ron Cavalier
Wild & Clear by Montana Wild
Black and Gold Bluegill Nymph
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
crazy4oldcars - A very cool pattern! Thanks for posting it up. Kirk
tied by richyrichtherich
Fly Type: Nymphs,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: General Europe,
Hook: Kamasan B175 Size 10
Eyes: Gold Beadchain
Legs: Pheasant Tail
Rib: Holographic Tinsel
Body: Rabbit Dubbing
Tying Instructions: 1. Place Beadchain Eyes on top of the Hook and secure with "figure of eight" wraps.
2. Advance the Thread to half way around the Hook bend, then tie in the Holographic Tinsel (this lays down a Thread base for the legs.
3. Tie in the legs, one pair at a time. Leave a small gap between each of the pairs and ensure the legs are oriented correctly.
4. Return the Thread to the point half way around the Hook bend, then apply some dubbing wax to the Thread. Twist the Rabbit dubbing onto the Thread and wrap along the body, stopping behind the rear Legs.
5. Take the Holographic Tinsel and wrap it over the body Dubbing. Tie of behind the rear Legs and remove the waste.
6. Apply some more Rabbit dubbing and wrap towards the head (one wrap between each pair of Legs will be sufficient if you have spaced the Legs correctly).
7. With a small amount of Rabbit dubbing remaining on the thread, wrap around the Eyes using a "figure of eight" motion.
8. Whip Finish and apply varnish.
Other Flies Tied by richyrichtherich
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|3 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|