|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
GRHE (Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear) variation - Lucian Vasies
Crossover- by Shawn Mitchell
How to Tie an Intruder Fly
Ray Bergman Collection - 210) Last Chance
Beach Comber- Richard Strolis
Inch by Inch Worm- by Thomas Harvey
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
tied by Fisherscastle
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Other,
Size 8 Long shank hook
Tail-Molted turkey tail
Body- Gold tinsel
Overwing- Turkey quill
Head- Natural deer hair
Tying Instructions: 1)Tie the thread around the hook leaving at least 1/4 of the hook exposed above the eye of the hook.
2) Use two turkey quill segments and tie them near the hook shank until firmly secure.
3) Take a gold tinsel of about 5 inches and tie it around the hook to form the body of the fly.
4) Stack gray squirrel tail for the under wing and secure it firmly to form the under wing
5)Cut two turkey tail segments just as done for the tail and tie them near the hooks eye. The wings must extend at least halfway to the end of tail and then cut off the ends of the butt ends of the turkey tail and apply head cement to wraps to hold them in.
6) Stack Natural deer hair (Tips first) and tie around the eye and use the thread to hold it in place.
7) Use your scissors or razor blade to cut the deer hair..
Other Flies Tied by Fisherscastle
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|1 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|