|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ biot / Black / Brown / Epoxy / Marker / wtt /
tied by B.C.TroutHunter
Fly Type: Epoxy,
Target Species: not available Freshwater Bass,
Imitation: not available Worms,
Size 8 Mustad 9671 Nymph Hook
Medium Clear Vinyl Ribbing
Brown 8/0 uni-thread
Golden/light brown and black biots
Brown and Black permanent marker
5 minute clear-dry epoxy
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie in two short goose biots for the tail
2. Wrap the vinyl rib around once
3. Tie in two biots, one on each side of the hook
4. Repeat above two steps until you have 10 segments behind the last pair of legs you tied in
5. Give two wraps of the vinyl rib
6. Tie in last pair of goose biot legs
7. Tie in two black goose biots beside the eye of the hook, these should resemble the jaws.
8. Give two more wraps of vinyl rib and secure with several wraps of thread and cut off extra.
9. Whipfinish and color the front 4 segments black, and the rest brown with the permanent markers.
10. Coat the front four segments and thread head with epoxy
Other Flies Tied by B.C.TroutHunter
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|26 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|