|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Brown / Dubbing / Flash / marabou / olive / Scud /
tied by lukemccoy.com
Fly Type: General Freshwater,
Target Species: Panfish,
Medium Clear Vinyl Rib
Golden Brown Marabou for tail
Dark Olive 1/8" Scud Back
Oliver Sow-Scud Dubbing
Black thread for ribbing
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie on piece of Vinyl Rib perpendicular to hook shank near the back.
2. With lighter, burn ends of vinyl to creak round black eyes.
3. Tie on Crystal Flash
4. Tie on Marabou
5. Tie on Scud Back
6. Wrap dubbing up to front of hook.
7. Pull scud back to front and tie off.
8. Tie knot and then wrap thread to back of hook to create rib.
9. Tie off and glue both knots.
10. With a needle, pick out dubbing to make the body fatter.
11. Catch fish.
Other Flies Tied by lukemccoy.com
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|3 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|