tied by OSD Fly Type:Wet, Target Species:Steelhead, Recommended Region:Northeast US, Material List: Hook - Mustad 3399 Size #8-#6
Thread - Green 6/0
Abdomen - Light pink silk floss over Peacock herl
Thorax - Green sparkle poly dubbing
Wings - White goose biots
Hackle - grizzly Hen neck hackle Tying Instructions: 1. Start thread on hook tie in 3 peacock hurls also light pink silk floss.
2 Wrap peacock hurl forward on hook shank 1/2 way to eye tie off and trim.
3. Wrap Floss over peacock rib style as shown tie off and trim.
4. Dub thread with green sparkle dubbing and wrap thorax generously.
5. Tie in grizzly hen neck hackle and wrap a few wrap only tie off and trim.
6. Tie in 2 white goose biots for wings tie in at head and angle back in a (V) shape.
7. Make a nice head and wipe finish and cement
Small Waterproof Fly Box - Slit Foam 5.35" x 3.4" x 1.4" Excellent quality These boxes are a very good value. They are well made and appear to be very durable. The slit foam holds the flies securely and there is plenty of capacity. I bought three as gifts and it will take the rest of the winter at the tying bench to fill em' up. I'd recommend them to anyone.... read more
Small Waterproof Fly Box - Slit Foam 5.35" x 3.4" x 1.4" A great fly box at any price This is my second order of Hatches Waterproof Fly Boxes. Forget that they are a terrific value, they are great fly boxes all-around. I just keep buying them for friends because it makes me look like I'm giving an expensive gift. Seriously, these boxes perform with fly boxes costing 4X the money. ... read more