|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ biot / Dubbing / floss / Grizzly / peacock herl / Pink / prince / white /
tied by OSD
Fly Type: Wet,
Target Species: Steelhead,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Hook - Mustad 3399 Size #8-#6
Thread - Green 6/0
Abdomen - Light pink silk floss over Peacock herl
Thorax - Green sparkle poly dubbing
Wings - White goose biots
Hackle - grizzly Hen neck hackle
Tying Instructions: 1. Start thread on hook tie in 3 peacock hurls also light pink silk floss.
2 Wrap peacock hurl forward on hook shank 1/2 way to eye tie off and trim.
3. Wrap Floss over peacock rib style as shown tie off and trim.
4. Dub thread with green sparkle dubbing and wrap thorax generously.
5. Tie in grizzly hen neck hackle and wrap a few wrap only tie off and trim.
6. Tie in 2 white goose biots for wings tie in at head and angle back in a (V) shape.
7. Make a nice head and wipe finish and cement
Other Flies Tied by OSD
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|4 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|