|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Bass / Black / Grizzly / Red / used this fly recently in several ponds. its a proven winner on bass and crappie / worm / zonker /
tied by luvinbluegills
Fly Type: Miscellaneous,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Imitation: not available Leeches, Worms,
Hook: Size 2/0 Streamer
Body: Leech Yarn
Wing and tip: Zonker strip
Legs: Grizzly Silli Legs
Throat: Red Zonker
Head: Leech Yarn
Thread: Black 3/0
Tying Instructions: 1. Secure hook in vise and start thread toward rear.
2. Tie in yarn at rear and build body to the front.
3. Cut Yarn.
3a. Attach several strands of Rubber hackle across the hook bhind where the head will be.
4. Fold long strip of Zonker over the eye of the hook so the end is just past the hook bend.
5. Either poke through the Zonker at the hook eye, or wrap it very tightly with the thread to secure it.
6. Poke through the short end (the belly) at the point of the hook, to bring it flush with the belly of the hook.
7. A dab of zap-a-gap will hold the top and bottom pieces together. Be careful to only do this at one small point, because the flexibility of the strip will be affected.
8. Cut a short strip of bright Zonker (I prefer Chartreuse) and glue to the tip of the tail, flesh to flesh.
9. Cut some hair from a red Zonker strip (Or whatever your favorite FLEXIBLE throat material is) and tie in at the throat.
10. Reattach the Leech yarn and build the head.
Presentation Tips: Fish it like a Bass worm, slow and easy. I weight some, leave others unweighted. The hair will absorb water and have a nice, slow drop on it's own.
Other Flies Tied by luvinbluegills
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|8 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|