|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Chartreuse / deer hair / Foam /
tied by catchandrelease
Fly Type: Terrestrials & Midges,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass, Panfish,
Recommended Region: Southeast US,
Hook: TMC 100 #12
Thread: 6/0 UNI Chartreuse
Body: 2 mm craft foam, chartreuse
Wing: Deer hair
Legs: Chartreuse silicone skirt
Tying Instructions: 1) Tie in thread at hook eye, wrap back to bend.
2) Cut approx 2" length of foam, approx 1/8" wide. Bend in half, place loop end extending beyond back of hook and tie in.
3) Wrap thread to eye, binding foam to hook. Wrap thread back approx 1/3 of the hook shank.
4) Stack a small bunch of deer hair. Trim to approximately 1 1/2" long. Measure from eye of hook to 1/2" past end of fly, tie in hair with tips extending over eye.
5) Wrap thread back to mid point of hook, pull hair back and tie off.
6) Tie in a set of legs on either side of the hook, Madame X style. Tie in third leg across top of hook, perpendicular to shank.
7) Whip finish, cement, fish!
Presentation Tips: Dead drift, twitched, skittered
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|9 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|