tied by catchandrelease Fly Type:Terrestrials & Midges, Target Species:Freshwater Bass, Panfish, Recommended Region:Southeast US, Imitation:Hoppers/Crickets, Material List: Hook: TMC 100 #12
Thread: 6/0 UNI Chartreuse
Body: 2 mm craft foam, chartreuse
Wing: Deer hair
Legs: Chartreuse silicone skirt Tying Instructions: 1) Tie in thread at hook eye, wrap back to bend.
2) Cut approx 2" length of foam, approx 1/8" wide. Bend in half, place loop end extending beyond back of hook and tie in.
3) Wrap thread to eye, binding foam to hook. Wrap thread back approx 1/3 of the hook shank.
4) Stack a small bunch of deer hair. Trim to approximately 1 1/2" long. Measure from eye of hook to 1/2" past end of fly, tie in hair with tips extending over eye.
5) Wrap thread back to mid point of hook, pull hair back and tie off.
6) Tie in a set of legs on either side of the hook, Madame X style. Tie in third leg across top of hook, perpendicular to shank.
7) Whip finish, cement, fish! Presentation Tips: Dead drift, twitched, skittered
GC3769 - Wet Fly & Nymph, 2X Heavy, Sproat bend, Bronze Great hooks even better value I am really quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of these hooks. I have always believed, "you get what you pay for" so I have always payed for quality and got it.
This time I paid for "cheap" hooks and got EXCELLENT quality. I will be buying all
of my hooks that this company sells because I g... read more