tied by catchandrelease Fly Type:Terrestrials & Midges, Target Species:Freshwater Bass, Panfish, Recommended Region:Southeast US, Imitation:Hoppers/Crickets, Material List: Hook: TMC 100 #12
Thread: 6/0 UNI Chartreuse
Body: 2 mm craft foam, chartreuse
Wing: Deer hair
Legs: Chartreuse silicone skirt Tying Instructions: 1) Tie in thread at hook eye, wrap back to bend.
2) Cut approx 2" length of foam, approx 1/8" wide. Bend in half, place loop end extending beyond back of hook and tie in.
3) Wrap thread to eye, binding foam to hook. Wrap thread back approx 1/3 of the hook shank.
4) Stack a small bunch of deer hair. Trim to approximately 1 1/2" long. Measure from eye of hook to 1/2" past end of fly, tie in hair with tips extending over eye.
5) Wrap thread back to mid point of hook, pull hair back and tie off.
6) Tie in a set of legs on either side of the hook, Madame X style. Tie in third leg across top of hook, perpendicular to shank.
7) Whip finish, cement, fish! Presentation Tips: Dead drift, twitched, skittered
4” Open Loop Scissors - Curved Blade Great Product I've have and use all kinds of scissors for fly tying but never ones with curved blades. I wasn't sure I'd like them. The price for the Open Loop Curved Blade Scissors is so attractive, I thought I'd give them a try. After all, if they didn't work for me, I wouldn't be out a fortune. They fit my ... read more