tied by catchandrelease Fly Type:Terrestrials & Midges, Target Species:Freshwater Bass, Panfish, Recommended Region:Southeast US, Imitation:Hoppers/Crickets, Material List: Hook: TMC 100 #12
Thread: 6/0 UNI Chartreuse
Body: 2 mm craft foam, chartreuse
Wing: Deer hair
Legs: Chartreuse silicone skirt Tying Instructions: 1) Tie in thread at hook eye, wrap back to bend.
2) Cut approx 2" length of foam, approx 1/8" wide. Bend in half, place loop end extending beyond back of hook and tie in.
3) Wrap thread to eye, binding foam to hook. Wrap thread back approx 1/3 of the hook shank.
4) Stack a small bunch of deer hair. Trim to approximately 1 1/2" long. Measure from eye of hook to 1/2" past end of fly, tie in hair with tips extending over eye.
5) Wrap thread back to mid point of hook, pull hair back and tie off.
6) Tie in a set of legs on either side of the hook, Madame X style. Tie in third leg across top of hook, perpendicular to shank.
7) Whip finish, cement, fish! Presentation Tips: Dead drift, twitched, skittered
Small Waterproof Fly Box - Slit Foam 5.35" x 3.4" x 1.4" Great little waterproof box I purchased two of these boxes and I am very happy with them.
This box is very well made. The case itself is made from a very light black plastic. By light, I mean that if you drive over it with a car it WILL break, but my intention is to never do that. I love the amount of storage this case all... read more
Small Waterproof Fly Box - Slit Foam 5.35" x 3.4" x 1.4" Husband Loved Them! I bought 2 for my husband as a gift. He was thrilled. He has more expensive boxes, but says that these are just as good as, if not better, than the higher priced boxes he owns. They are lightweight, durable and waterproof. I will probably have to purchase more in the very near future! Thank you... read more