tied by catchandrelease Fly Type:Terrestrials & Midges, Target Species:Freshwater Bass, Panfish, Recommended Region:Southeast US, Imitation:Hoppers/Crickets, Material List: Hook: TMC 100 #12
Thread: 6/0 UNI Chartreuse
Body: 2 mm craft foam, chartreuse
Wing: Deer hair
Legs: Chartreuse silicone skirt Tying Instructions: 1) Tie in thread at hook eye, wrap back to bend.
2) Cut approx 2" length of foam, approx 1/8" wide. Bend in half, place loop end extending beyond back of hook and tie in.
3) Wrap thread to eye, binding foam to hook. Wrap thread back approx 1/3 of the hook shank.
4) Stack a small bunch of deer hair. Trim to approximately 1 1/2" long. Measure from eye of hook to 1/2" past end of fly, tie in hair with tips extending over eye.
5) Wrap thread back to mid point of hook, pull hair back and tie off.
6) Tie in a set of legs on either side of the hook, Madame X style. Tie in third leg across top of hook, perpendicular to shank.
7) Whip finish, cement, fish! Presentation Tips: Dead drift, twitched, skittered
GC100 - Dry Fly,turned down eye, 1X Fine, Wide Gape, Forged, Bronze Incredible Value! I bought two packs of these last March as a trial. The shopping experience was fine and the hooks arrived in about 2 weeks. These hooks are for fly tiers who tie flies to catch fish. The bronzing is a little uneven and the aesthetics are not perfect, but the hooks are strong and sharp. These are... read more
GreenCaddis Swing Leaf Fly Box - Slit Foam 5" x 3.5" x 1.25" Great products/Great service These boxes are sturdy, compact, efficient, and a great value. Although I haven't used the C&F boxes first hand, I have checked out their build quality and these GC boxes match or exceed the C&F's in all areas, at a much lower cost. The order/delivery process was fast, also.... read more
5” Tungsten Tension Scissors Great pair of scissors I have needed scissors of this type for a very long time but because of the prices of name brands I have held back waiting for something a little less pricy. These are high quality and very sharp. To say that I am happy with them is an understatement. ... read more