|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Bucktail / Clouser / Cumberland River / Dix River / Epoxy / Flash / Krystal Flash / rabbit strip / Red / SmallieHunter / smallmouth / white /
tied by SmallieHunter
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Hook: Mustad 3366 size 1
Tail: White Rabbit Strip
Body: White Rabbit Strip from tail palmered. Krystal Flash over the rabbit strip, then topped with bucktail
Weight and Eyes: Lead hour glass with holographic stick on eyes
Head: 5 minute epoxy
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie in the lead eyes about 1/3 down the hook shank. The fly is going to ride hook up "Clouser Style" so tie in on top of the hook shank.
2. I made the tail about 1 1/2 the length of the hook. At this step I take the hook out of the vise and pierce the rabbit strip with the hook and slide the tail down the bend to where it is going to be tied in. The fur side of the strip should be facing the barb of the hook once your finished.
3. Secure the rabbit strip at the bend of the hook with a few tight wraps. Do not cut the excess rabbit strip!
4. Palmer the rabbit strip up the hook shank until you get to the lead eyes. The tighter the wraps of the strip the fuller the body will be on the fly.
5. Take the strip and bring it over the top of the lead eyes making sure that all of the fur and hide are between the eyes. Secure the strip just above the eyes and trim the excess.
6. Tie in some Krystal Flash on the barb side of the hook followed by a small klump of bucktail. Whip finish and cut the thread
7. Build up a nice tapered head using 5 minute epoxy.
Other Flies Tied by SmallieHunter
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|37 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|