|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ crawdad /
tied by bentflyrod
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Tying Instructions: #10 sm.
1) Put the hook in the vice upside down. Tie dumbell eye's on the bottom of the hook while hook is up.
2) 2 rabbit strips, 1 1/2 in for #10, 2 in for #6.
Strip the hare (LOL) off half way. Tie in at hook end to over eyes.
3) Tie in moose mane for antennas.
4)At hook end tie in tan chenille and brown hackle. Do the woolly bugger wrap. Trim hackle on top of fly.
5) Bring thread back to hook end and tie in a pinch of brown bucktail. Use about 1/8 wraps to give the appearance of body sections. Tie off at eye of hook.
6) Trim tail to desired lenght. Use some soft tex/ fleximent to stiffen tail .
Different colors of rabbit strips, chenille, and hackle can be use.
Other Flies Tied by bentflyrod
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|26 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|