|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
Sipping Dry trailer
GreenCaddis: All Fly Boxes are Now In Stock
Bat Banger- by Vern-o
Ray Bergman Collection - 182) Jock Scott
The Ray Bergman Collection - 107) Fiery Brown
Tying the Turks Tarantula by Davie Mcphail
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ angel hair / Chenille / Flash / Grizzly / marabou / Tinsel / white /
tied by luvinbluegills
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: not available Freshwater Bass, Panfish, Shad, Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Hook: size 10 streamer
Thread: White 6/0
Tail: Grizzly Marabou
Tail flash: Rainbow Angel Hair
Body: White Chenille (fine)
Rib: Large Silver holographic tinsel
Tying Instructions: 1. Put hook in vise
2. Tie in Grizzly tail
3. Tie in a few strands of rainbow Angel Hair to extend slightly beyond tail tip.
4. Tie in Tinsel at the base of the tail, securing it on the hook shank with wraps of thread moving toward the head of the hook.
5. Tie in the chenille starting at the head of the hook, wrapping it with thread back to the tail tie in point, then moving the thread back to the head.
6. Wrap the chenille forward, tying off at the head.
7. Wrap the rib forward, making three or four ribs along the body, and tie off at the head.
8. Finish thread head and go catch fish!
Presentation Tips: This is a new fly for me, and I hope I haven't stolen anyone else's name for it. I got an amazing reaction from Bluegills as I tested it, and I have every confidence that it will work for trout as well. It can be weighted if you like with a few wraps of lead, or maybe a silver bead head. I designed it to imitate the reflectiveness and White belly of a live minnow.
Other Flies Tied by luvinbluegills
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|5 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|