|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Copper Wire / Dubbing / Midge / purple / Red /
tied by Inconnu
Fly Type: Terrestrials & Midges,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Western Canada,
Hook: Scud style or whatever you like for midge immitations
Thread: Black 6/0
Thorax: Ronn Lucas purple iridescent dubbing
Ribbing: Red copper wire
Tying Instructions: 1) Wrap the thread as usual, from behind the eye to just around the bend of the hook.
2) Tie in your fine red copper wire, underneath the hook from about 1/3 of the way back from the hook eye and wrap it securely until it is secured at the hook bend.
3) Now form the abdomen out of the black thread. I prefer Danville because I can spin the thread to open it up and make a flat smooth surface for this part of the fly.
4) Once this is done, leave the thread hanging up at the 1/3 mark, where you started to secure the wire. Wrap your wire rib up to that point and tie it off. Trim the excess. I also add a dab of head cement at this point for security.
5) Form a dubbing loop and add some iridescent dubbing, then twist it as you usually would. Wrap it forward, stroking the errant fibers back before the next wrap.
6) Once the thorax is done, tie it off and trim the excess. Form the head whip and snip.
Presentation Tips: As you would any of the other similiar patterns. I use it under a dry like a Stimulator or whatever turns your crank.
Other Flies Tied by Inconnu
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|8 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|