|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
Ray Bergman Collection - 200) Lachene
Chewy- by Dave Hosler
The Ray Bergman Collection - 69) Chantry
Ice Dub Pheasant Tail Nymph
Reader Reviews: Nor-Vise
Olive Pheasant Tail Upright Nymph by Davie McPhail
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ bass fly / biot / Black / Foam / Hellgrammite / smallmouth / Streamer /
tied by wiggleminnow
Fly Type: Nymphs,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Recommended Region: Southeast US,
Imitation: Stone Flies,
Hook: Tmc 8089 sz 6
body: Foam ant body sz 4
body: black foam discs
legs: black round rubber
Legs: Black hackle
pinchers: black goose biot
eyes: black mono eyes
weight: black barbell eyes
Tying Instructions: 1. tie in ant body.
2. tie in rubbers legs.
3. tie in foam dic on both sides of body,then put a little zap a gap on the insides of discs and glue down the discs to the ant body.
4. tie in rubber legs and discs and glue doen discs.
5. tie in piece of foam sheet right behing the front of the hook eye.
6. tie in biot on both sides right in behind the foam sheet
7. tie in mono eyes right on top of biots.
8. tie in hackle behind the mono eyes.
9. wrap thread back to foam disc, and wrap hackle back to the foam disc.
10. pull foam sheet back and tie in and whip finish.
Presentation Tips: Use no slip loop knot, fish dead drift. Can be fished under indicator. the bouyancy of the foam makes it ride straight up and down, just like the real thing. Very effective pattern.
Other Flies Tied by wiggleminnow
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|9 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|