|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
retrocarp - Nice fly flygirl
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ bead / Brown / Chartreuse / Dubbing / pupa / Ultra Wire /
PERKNZ PUPA XL
tied by flygirl
Fly Type: Nymphs,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Imitation: Caddis Flies,
Bead- Gold craft bead
Hook- Dai-Riki # 14
Thread- Brown 8/0
Body- Chartreuse Flat Nylon thread
Rib- Clear plastic tubing-small
- Copper Ultra wire-med.
Hackle- any long fiber dubbing-brown
Tying Instructions: 1) slip bead on hook
2) Tie in Nylon thread behind bead, wrap back to bend of hook. Wrap Nylon thread back to bead.
3) Tie in Copper wire & plastic tubing & wrap Nylon
thread back towards bend of hook, covering
tubing & wire.
4) Wrap nylon thread to bead,tie off & cut.
5) Tie in 8/0 thread behind bead.
6) Wrap plastic tubing around hook shank forward
to Bead & secure with Brown thread. Cut excess.
7) Wrap copper wire counterclockwise over tubing
3-4 turns and cut off at bead.
8) Make a dubbing loop using a long fiber dubbing
& wrap behind bead pulling fibers back towards
bend of hook.
Tie off & clip thread
Presentation Tips: Fish with split shot 4-6" from nymph for a more natural drift
Other Flies Tied by flygirl
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|14 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|