|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Brown / Chenille / deer hair / Foam / Red / Turkey /
tied by mcrouse44
Fly Type: Terrestrials & Midges,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Hook: Standard 3x long Dry fly Hook
Tail: Red Buck Tail
Body: Tan Chenille/Tan Foam
Hackle: Grislie Hackle Palmered
Under Wing: Turkey Quill
Legs: Brown Rubber leg material
Head: Deer Hair Spun and clipped to form
Tying Instructions: Tying Instructions
1. Begin thread behind the hook eye and wrap towards a point even with the hook barb.
2. Tie in a few pieces of red buck tail and foam. Secure foam with a few tight thread wraps leaving enough foam to cover the hook shank.
3. Tie in hackle and chenille and bring the thread roughly 2/3 up the shank.
4. Wind the chenille up the shank.
5. Wind the hackle up the shank in evenly spaced turns.
6. Fold the remainder of the foam down and secure.
7. Add the turkey quill (you should treat the quill with a little head cement or clear nail polish prior to adding it to the fly.
8. Add a clump of deer hair and spin the hair, adding more as needed, until the remaining third of the shank is covered. Trim to form leaving the tips to extend back over the body.
Other Flies Tied by mcrouse44