|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ bead / Bucktail / Epoxy / Flash / Flashabou / Red / white / Yellow /
tied by Jimmy Aw
Fly Type: Inverted Hook,
Target Species: General Bluewater,
Recommended Region: Other,
Hook : Daiichi, Size 4, 2 (You can varies the size of the hook for a bigger size.)
Thread : Danville 6/0 Flat, Prewaxed, White or Clear Mono
Upper Wing : A few strands of pearl Flashabou & primarily Yellow Bucktail.
Body : Orange Flash Chenile.
Head : Bead Chain Eyes, tied towards end of hook shank & gap to give the fly a tipsy action.
Eyes : Burnt Mono (50lb) & dapped with 5 minute Epoxy.
Tying Instructions: Tying your own...
1) Tie approximately ¾ length thread bedding on the hook shank starting with the hook eye.
2) Tie in bead chain eyes at the end of hook shank. Tie in the Orange sparkle chenile to form body.
3) Burn a set of Mono Eyes. Use approx. 50 lb monofilament. Dap the eyes in 5 minute epoxy.
4) Tie the set of eyes to form the eyes of the shrimp. Then, tie in the Pearl flashbou & buck tail on the fly's upper wing respectively. Use a small quantity of brown bucktail for better outline of the fly.
5) Whip finish & epoxy the tied down thread area.
Presentation Tips: After refering to Pujic's shrimp, I was inspired to do a little change of the Chenile Charlie that I have used much. Using almost the same material, I tied Yellow Prawny. Tank tested it's action... Short sharp jerks & retrieval should do the job.
Other Flies Tied by Jimmy Aw
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|19 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|