tied by RobValine@aol.com Fly Type:Bucktails/Deceivers, Target Species:Trout, Recommended Region:Northeast US, Imitation:General Baitfish, Material List: Thread : Black Monocord
Wing : Yellow and Red Bucktail
Body : Silver or Pearlescent Mylar tubing
Hook : Mustad 3665A
Tag : Red Monocord Tying Instructions: 1. Secure Red Monocord at hook bend
2. Slide Mylar tubing over hook and secure with Red monocord. Tie in Red Monocord to form butt and whip finish butt.
3. Secure hook eye end of mylar tubing with black monocord
4. Tie in first layer of Yellow Bucktail wing and trim excess hair.
5. Tie in Red layer of Bucktail over yellow layer and trim excess.
6. Repeat with second layer of yellow bucktail on top of red layer.
7. Form fly head, whip finish, lacquer. Presentation Tips: This is my variation on an old standard. I prefer the Mylar tubing over tinsel bodies. But, have used both. I also added the red tag for the butt to secure the mylar body. A good flashy all around attractor pattern.
5” Tungsten Razor Scissors Great quality, really as sharp as a Razor These are the best scissors I have ever bought. I love the quality and weight.
You know your tying scissors are in your hand. I would buy them again. I got two
Pair for the price of 1 pair of Dr. Slick (the comparison pair were not tungsten!)
Hope you take the chance you won't be disappointed. T... read more
4.5” Tungsten Iris Scissors Excelent product; good value! I find myself using these Tungsten scissors for most of my cutting taks at the bench when I would have used a smaller set before! I like them; the heft, the clean cut, and the knowledge that I will have them in working order for a long time!... read more