tied by RobValine@aol.com Fly Type:Bucktails/Deceivers, Target Species:Trout, Recommended Region:Northeast US, Imitation:General Baitfish, Material List: Thread : Black Monocord
Wing : Yellow and Red Bucktail
Body : Silver or Pearlescent Mylar tubing
Hook : Mustad 3665A
Tag : Red Monocord Tying Instructions: 1. Secure Red Monocord at hook bend
2. Slide Mylar tubing over hook and secure with Red monocord. Tie in Red Monocord to form butt and whip finish butt.
3. Secure hook eye end of mylar tubing with black monocord
4. Tie in first layer of Yellow Bucktail wing and trim excess hair.
5. Tie in Red layer of Bucktail over yellow layer and trim excess.
6. Repeat with second layer of yellow bucktail on top of red layer.
7. Form fly head, whip finish, lacquer. Presentation Tips: This is my variation on an old standard. I prefer the Mylar tubing over tinsel bodies. But, have used both. I also added the red tag for the butt to secure the mylar body. A good flashy all around attractor pattern.
5” Tungsten Tension Scissors Great pair of scissors I have needed scissors of this type for a very long time but because of the prices of name brands I have held back waiting for something a little less pricy. These are high quality and very sharp. To say that I am happy with them is an understatement. ... read more