|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ CDC / emerger / Ginger /
tied by steely34
Fly Type: Dry,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Hook: TMC 2487 Size 16-18
Thread: 6/0 sulpher
Tail : Light Tan CDC
Body: Sulpher Midge Micro Tubing
Wing: Light Tan CDC
Hackle: Light Ginger Dun - Parachute Style
Head: Light tan
Tying Instructions: 1. Start thread halfway on the hook shank and tie in a small and sparse clump of CDC.
2. Wrap back and approx. 1/3rd of the way down the bend. Trim off CDC.
3. Tie in Micro Tubing but do not wrap it forward just yet.
4. Wrap thread forward to just behind the eye.
5. Tie in a clump of CDC and post it.
6. Tie in hackle wrapping it with thread up the post. Do not wrap the hackle around the post just yet.
7. Wrap the Micro Tubing forward to just behind the post.
8. Wrap the hackle and tie off.
9. Dub the head.
10 Finish off.