|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / conehead / Ice Dub / Mallard Flank / Ostrich / smallmouth / white /
tied by SmallieHunter
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Freshwater Bass,
Hook: Mustad 9674 size 4
Tail: Clump of Ostrich Herl Fibers
Body: Black UV Ice Dub
Collar: White Mallard Flank over Black Ostrich Herl
Weight: Cone Head
Tying Instructions: 1. Slide Cone Head onto hook
2. Wrap thread back to the bend of the hook
3. Cut a clump of Ostrich Herl and tie it in at the bend of the hook so the fibers are about the length of the hook.
4. Dub the body all the way to the cone using a dubbing loop. Use a good amount of dubbing and make the body look as "buggy" as possible.
5. To make the Ostrich Herl collar tie in a few fibers on the top, both sides and bottom.
6. Tie in Mallard Flank by the tip and use a few wraps to make a collar. You want the fibers to be swept back.
7. Dub a small amount of Ice Dub from where you made the collars to the Cone Head. Make sure the Cone is secure and tight.
Other Flies Tied by SmallieHunter
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|16 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|