|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
Worm Fly - Holger Lachmann
Olive Quilled Cruncher- by Davie McPhail
Tying the Rusty Parachute
Small Double Sided Clear Lid Waterproof Fly Box
The Bunny Bugger- by Norm Norlander
Peeping Caddis- Jindra Lacko
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Dragon / Foam /
Enter the Dragon
tied by lewy271
Fly Type: Terrestrials & Midges,
Target Species: not available Freshwater Bass, Panfish,
1) Green thread
2) Green foam
3) Doll Eyes
4) 1 Cream Hackle (for the legs)
5) Fuzzy Fiber (for the wing)
Tying Instructions: 1) I tie the extended body separately and whip finish.
2) Attach the extended body to the hook.
3) Attach Cream hackle in the middle of the hook wind up just a little bit to give the impression of legs.
4) Figure 8 in some fuzzy fiber for the wings.
5) I now attach the main body foam in front of the fuzzy fiber and start wrapping thread up toward the eye of the hook.
6) As you approach the eye of the hook, pull the main body foam back towards the tail, swing your thread back there and tie off the main body right above the base of the tail.
7) Trim up your wings, and glue on your eyes.
Presentation Tips: I fish this all summer long for bass and big bull bluegills. You can fish it like a popper but I let fish it much slower. Cast it and twitch it every 45 seconds. I have caught quite a few big bass on this fly, which makes me believe that they cannot pass up an easy meal. By the way I do not take credit for this fly, I am sure someone somewhere is tying it. But a database needs data in it.
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|8 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|