|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ floss / Polar Bear / silver wire / Tinsel / white / Yellow /
tied by berardinellid
Fly Type: Salmon Flies,
Target Species: Atlantic Salmon,
Recommended Region: Northeast US, Eastern Canada,
Tag: Fine Silver wire
Tail: Golden Pheasan Crest
Body: Dark blue floss
Rib: Oval Silver tinsel
Wing: White Polar bear hair or substitute
Collar: Bright yellow hen hackle
Tying Instructions: 1. Wrap flat thread on the shank to point of hook.
2. Secure about a 3 wire on the back side of the shank at the 7 o'clock position (as you are looking from the rear toward the eye) with Ό to ½ wire to along the shank to prevent slippage
3. Continue 4 flat wraps back capturing the wire and 4 flat wraps back to the original point.
4. Wrap 5 wraps of the wire to the tie in point and secure. The first wrap is over bare hook.
5. Tie in the Golden Pheasant crest.
6. Tie in about a 5 piece of rib per step 2.
7. Cut excess wire, GP, and rib.
8. Wrap flat thread up and down shank to form a even and smooth underbody
9. Tie in single strand of floss at the front of the hook. Wrap flat smooth wraps of floss down and back the shank to the original tie in point. Burnish the floss if desired.
10. Wrap 5 evenly spaced turns of rib and tie off
11. Stack, measure and tie in hair.
12. Cut excess floss, rib and hair.
13. Prep hen hackle by stroking barbs back or folding. Tie in hen hackle by tip.
14. Wrap 2 to 3 forward wraps of the hen hackle stroking the feathers back.
15. Secure the hen hackle, form the head and apply cement/lacquer.
Other Flies Tied by berardinellid