View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Copper Wire
Marabou Damsel tied by jdavisFly Type: Nymphs
, Target Species: Trout
, Recommended Region: Western Canada
, Material List:
Hook: Mustad 9672
Thread: Olive 6/0
Tail: Olive Marabou
Rib: xfine copper wire
Abdomen: Olive Marabou
Wingcase: Pheasant Tail
Eyes: Black Beadchain eyes
Thorax:Olive Marabou Dubbing BrushTying Instructions:
1. Tie in marabou tail
2. Tie in rib
3. Tie in a long piece of marabou fibers, and wind it to the 3/4 point.
4. Counterwind rib
5. Tie in PT for the wingcase
6. Tie in eyes figure 8
7. Tie in homemade marabou dubbing brush, wind on thickly to right before the eyes.
8. Tie in a small piece of marabou, and wrap around eyes and head area.
9.Bring PT forward and tie down behind the eyes
10. Bring PT forward to hook eye and tie down.
11. Whip finish and cement
12. Stroke marabou thorax, and rip to correct length.