|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ bead / Brown / deer hair / Nymph / Red /
Deer Hair Nymph
tied by fishyfranky
Fly Type: Deer Hair, Nymphs,
Target Species: Steelhead, Freshwater Bass, Trout,
Imitation: Stone Flies,
Hook: Mustad 9672 #10
Weight: .020 lead wire
Tail,Body,Legs: Deer Hair
Head: Gunmetal colored glass bead
Fixative: Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails
Tying Instructions: I don't know if this has been done before:
1) Put on bead
2) Wrap lead over 1/2 of shank
3) Cut about 10 hairs and attach it diagonally near the bead with cut ends pointing backwards. These form one side of legs.
4) Cut another 10 hairs and attach it diagonally on the opposite side with cut ends pointing backwards. This is the other side of legs.
5) Grab all hairs and pull backwards and attach to shank to form thorax.
6) Continue attaching the hair along the shank forming segments.
7) Wrap thread forward again and tie off at head.
8) Trim tail and legs as desired.
9) Apply fixative over top of fly.
Presentation Tips: I haven't fished it yet, the post about the two full deer hides made me think about what I could do with all that hair ;)
Other Flies Tied by fishyfranky
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|6 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|