|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Dubbing / Ginger / parachute / Quill / Yellow /
tied by WYKnot
Fly Type: Dry,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Hook: Tiemco TMC 2487, size 18
Thread: Danville Flymaster 6/0 cream/light yellow
Abdomen: 1 yellow quill and 1 strand dark microtubing
Thorax: synthetic dubbing, light yellow/PMD
Post: Polypropylene yarn
Hackle: Light ginger
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie in and wrap thread to bend and return to tie-in point.
2. Tie in quill and microtubing. Wrap abdomen with alternating pattern of light/dark spirals.
3. Tie in yarn and post. Secure hackle to hook and the base of the yarn post.
4. Dub thorax forward to eye and back to blend in with the abdomen. Finish at the base of teh post.
5. Wrap parachute hackle and tie off at the base of teh post.
6. Whip finish at teh base of teh post, under teh parachute hackle.
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|4 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|