|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Chartreuse / Chenille / Flash / Foam / Krystal Flash / marabou / white /
tied by SteveGibson
Fly Type: Poppers/Sliders,
Target Species: Panfish,
Recommended Region: Southeast US,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
Hook: No. 8 Gamakatsu S-10 3F
Thread: 8/0 Uni-Thread chartreuse
Flash: 3-4 strands pearl Krystal Flash
Underbody: Pearl micro-chenille
Body: White foam
Eyes: 3D prism eyes
Tying Instructions: 1. Attach thread just behind hook eye and wind to barb.
2. Attach marabou and tie in 3-4 strands flash.
3. Tie in micro-chenille and wind forward to just behind hook eye and whip finish.
4. Attach thread at rear of hook.
5. Take a 1/8-inch strip of white foam and poke hole in middle with bodkin.
6. Push eye of hook through the hole and tie the foam off at rear.
7. Trim foam to desired length and whip finish.
8. Add sequin and Supe Glue in place. Super Glue eyes in place.
Presentation Tips: Fish as you would any popper. Cast out and let it sit. Then, pop it. Repeat. Set the hook and strip in jumbo bluegill.
Other Flies Tied by SteveGibson
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|12 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|