|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Chartreuse / marabou / Minnow / Ostrich / Red / SDNS / white /
tied by horseshoe
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Eastern Canada,
Imitation: Glass Minnows,
Hook: ROYD size 8 bronze lure 2xl
Thread: Danvilles 70 flymaster 6/0 w
Body: Marabou - white, green,black and red
: H2O twist
: Ostrich Hurl chartreuse
Mirage eyes 1/8 easy peel
Tying Instructions: This minnow is made in 3 identical steps. Each group is wrapped at 1) close to bend
2) midsection of hook
3) 3/16 inch from eye.
1 and 2 have marabou at 1 1/2 length of the hook, 3 has same except ostrich hurl is 4 inches long.
Wrap thread down to bend in hook.
1) Tie white marabou on the underside of hook. Make sure the marabou is split to each side of hook.
2) Tie a few strands of H2O twist on each side of hook.
3) Tie 6-8 hurls of ostrich above white marabou and on each side of hook.
4) Tie green marabou above the ostrich hurl on each side of hook.
5) Lay black marabou ontop of hook and tie down.
6) Trim off ends leaving 1/8 inch of ends.
7) Put a little head cement on ends and tie down securely and cover with the thread.
After cement is dry to the touch repeat above group and start at the ends which should be about mid section of hook.
1)The third and last group should be repeated as above except for the ostrich hurl which should be about 4 inches in length and...
2) After green marabou clip and tie down ends. Make sure ends are tidied with the thread.
3) When tying down black marabou tie off with half hitch and have black marabou hanging over the eye.
4) Move thread down closer to eye on the bottom side of hook just before you would start your head and tie down again. Try to have the black marabou loop up in the shape as a head.
6) Wrap to form bulb by eye and whip thread off.
7) Cement the thread.
8) Take varnish or epoxy and form down nose of minnow. This helps encourage the body to follow form.
9) Before finishing varnish or epoxy apply eyes.
Other Flies Tied by horseshoe
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|1 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|