|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Black / Chartreuse / Chenille / egg / leech / marabou /
Black/Chartreuse Egg Sucking Leech
tied by tbhflytyer415
Fly Type: Streamers,
Target Species: Steelhead,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Black Marabou, Black Chenille, Copper/ Brass Ribbing, Rooster Wet Black Hackle, Chartreuse Chenille.
Tying Instructions: 1. Dress the hook with black white or chartreuse thread.
2. Tie on marabou for the tail of the fly.
3. Tie on the wet hackle.
4. Tie on the Copper or Brass ribbing.
5. Tie on black chenille and wrap forward towards the eye of the hook.
6. Make several wraps and snip the remaining chenille.
7. Wrap the ribbing towards the eye in a spiral motion. 8. Trim off excess.
9. Wrap hackle to front of the fly. Tie off and push fibers backwards.
10. Attach chartreuse chenille and make one to two wraps. then tie off.
11. Apply epoxy or head cement.
Presentation Tips: Drifting or stripping this fly through deep runs and pools have proved the most effective on Steelies and Salmon
Other Flies Tied by tbhflytyer415
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|7 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|