|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Minnow / muddler / Pheasant / Tinsel / Turkey /
Muddler Minnow (My best yet!)
tied by tbhflytyer415
Fly Type: Deer Hair,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Imitation: General Baitfish,
turkey or pheasant wing, gold tinsel, Deer Belly hair.
Tying Instructions: 1. Tie on the turkey or pheasant wing at the rear of the hook, and cut to give the shape or effect of a bait fish's tail.
2. Tie on the gold tinsel and wrap about 3/4 of the way down the hook towards the eye.
3. Make a moderate to large sized wing and make one on each side of the fly.
4. Now, Take a large tuft of deer hair and pinch 360 degrees around the hook.
5. Pull hair towards the back and wind down.
6. repeat steps 4-5 about 2-3 more times. And make a solid head of deer hair.
7. trim to desired shape and length.
(Note: I like my muddlers with a more squared head. It gives them a wiggling motion when stripping and twitching.)
Presentation Tips: Twitch just below surface of ponds or lakes. I've caught some respectable browns for my area this way.
Experiment with this fly.
Other Flies Tied by tbhflytyer415