|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Antron / bead / Black / Brown / Dubbing /
Little Trigger Baetis
tied by willbradford
Fly Type: Nymphs,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Southwest US,
Hook: Std Nymph 1x Long, size 20
Thread: Danville 6/0 Brown
Tail: Gray Microfibbets
Wingcase and legs: Brown Antron Yarn
Thorax: Black Superfine dubbing
Head: 1.5 mm copper bead
Tying Instructions: 1.Put bead on hook and secure thread behind bead
2.Tie in two microfibbets just below bead and wrap back to bend
3.Run a couple of wraps between microfibbets so they stay forked at the hook bend
4.Wrap thread back towards bead evenly and clip the microfibbet tag ends. Wrap back and fourth a few times to build up a nicely tapered abdomen
5. Tie in about 1 inch of Antron yarn (about 10 strands) just below the bead and secure with 4-5 wraps. Leave the Antron protruding towards the hook bend and trim any that is protruding towards the bead.
6. Dub in a distinct thorax just slightly larger than the bead
7. Bring Antron over the top of the dubbed thorax and secure with two or three wraps just below the bead.
8. Separate the tag ends of Antron into two groups
9. Pull the two groups back towards the hook bend (one on each side of the fly) and secure with three or four wraps so the Antron stays pointing towards the hook bend
10. Whip finish and cement head
11. Trim Antron to form the legs and dab a little cement on the abdomen to protect the thread. DONE!
Presentation Tips: Dead drift on the bottom.
Other Flies Tied by willbradford
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|19 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|